Defending Sex Crimes
CASES INVOVLING ALLEGATIONS OF SEXUAL MISCONDUCT REQUIRE AN ATTORNEY WITH SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
LIKE KENNETH H. LEWIS
Being accused of, or arrested for sexual misconduct is a devastating experience. The possibility of lifetime registration as a sex offender, imprisonment in the county jail or state prison are terrible possibilities. You will be fighting for your life and you need an attorney that will defend you with total determination.
The police are not your friends when it comes to investigations for sex crimes! Don't try to talk your way out of it – you may simply be digging your own grave. You should never talk to the police without either consulting an experienced attorney beforehand, or asking for counsel to be present if you are being questioned by the police.
Kenneth H. Lewis can help you! Call for a
NO COST CONSULTATION at 213-624-4904.
Kenneth H. Lewis has practiced criminal law for over 30 years. He has represented defendants in the famous
NBC Dateline – To Catch a Predator sting where NBC and law enforcement staged an internet sting for alleged sexual predators. He has been successful in preventing the police and courts from removing children from parents accused of sexual misconduct,(something the Juvenile Court system can attempt if a sexual crime is alleged, even without a criminal conviction!) He has successfully tried cases in both state and Federal courts. Unlike most criminal attorneys, he has the skills and experience necessary to succeed in this highly specialized area.
What Can Be A Sexual Crime?
Any sexually related conduct that is outlawed between minors and adults, adults and adults and even between consenting parties. They include a broad range of activities including the following:
- Lewd conduct
- Battery of a sexual nature
- Child molestation/child abuse
- Possession of child pornography
- Sale of child pornography
- Indecent exposure
- Solicitation of sex
- Date rape
- Spousal rape
- Statutory Rape
How Are Sex Crimes Punished?
The severity of sentence will depend upon whether it is a misdemeanor or
felony. Misdemeanors are less serious crimes that only entail a maximum sentence of one year in county jail. Felonies call for state prison, with a minimum of 16 months in custody. Both can carry
restitution to the state and victim.
- If force is used, or there are continuous acts of abuse, there maybe a life sentence.
- DNA samples and fingerprints must be given-up to be placed on statewide databases.
as a sex offender is now required on many sex crimes. The registrant must register with local law enforcement once a year, or every time they move. They cannot live near schools or parks, and are usually placed on the state's Sex Offender Computer Database, which is available for viewing on line by the public.
How Can You Fight Against Such Serious Charges?
- Preparation is the key. Kenneth H. Lewis has medical, investigative and psychological experts, as well as associated counsel that assist in putting together the case. All facts and circumstances are investigated to see what defenses are available.
- Often there are issues of mistaken identity, or of consent. There can be a lack pf witnesses or a lack of physical evidence that can turn the case in the defendant's favor. Often the bias of the police or prosecution witnesses can be exposed.
- The filing of false or weak charges can sometimes be avoided through discussions with the police or District Attorney. Sometimes the "overcharging" of cases can likewise be avoided.
- Sometimes negotiations with the prosecution may be able to lower felonies to misdemeanors, drastically reduce jail time or even obtain charges that are "non-registerable".
Why Can Kenneth H. Lewis Help You?
He has over 30 years experience as a criminal defense lawyer. He has the specialized knowledge and experience to handle these specialized cases. He has an outstanding track record of success in sex crimes cases and will leave no stone unturned in defending you. He always promptly returns telephone calls and will explain the entire criminal process, in detail to you, and will make you a partner in your defense.
Call Ken Lewis now to schedule a NO COST CONSULTATION day or night